UK: Black Bottle to sponsor Scottish racing
Black Bottle has become the official whisky of Scottish horse racing for 2007.
As part of a new sponsorship deal, the Burn Stewart Distillers' blended Scotch will be sold in all bars and hospitality areas at Musselburgh and Ayr racecourses on race days.
Speaking today (4 May), Burn Stewart said that Black Bottle's sponsorship presence at the races will be supported through track-side advertising as well as a number of marketing initiatives.
Jonathan Garratt of Scottish Racing said "Black Bottle and Scottish racing make an excellent partnership and we shall take great pleasure in introducing Black Bottle to our customers, who come to Scotland from all over the world in order to experience our famed hospitality and quality horseracing."
A spokesperson for Black Bottle added: "Through research we have learned that many Scotch whisky drinkers are horseracing enthusiasts and vice versa, therefore we see this as a perfect opportunity for both Black Bottle in Scottish Racing to forge a strong partnership going forward."
Persuading shareholders to back investment in the wine business can be a tricky challenge but AXA Millesimes has shown that if the business model is right, shareholders will embrace the idea. In this ...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) has launched a new Glenmorangie single malt Scotch whisky range specifically targeted at India's growing affluent younger consumers....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a new single malt Scotch whisky on the UK market....
Maxxium UK has teamed up with the comedy gig circuit in its latest campaign for the Scotch whisky brand Famous Grouse....
Beam Global Spirits and Wine has announced plans to introduce a new symbol to be used on its Teacher's brand in an attempt to give the blended Scotch whisky global recognition....
Pernod Ricard is adding a vintage variant to its Jameson's Irish whiskey brand across the US, UK and travel retail markets next month....
The Maharashtra government is planning to levy a duty of INR300 (US$ 7.63) per litre of imported liquor, replacing the existing ad valorem (charged at point of sale) rate of 200%....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research