GERMANY: Bitburger wants Holsten's water - report
Bitburger Brauerei is interested in Holsten's mineral water operations, according to press reports. German daily Tagesspiegel reports today that the German company is considering acquiring the operations from Holsten's new owner Carlsberg.
Carlsberg, who launched a bid for Holsten yesterday, has been granted an option which provides Holsten with the right to sell its 65% shareholding in mineral water companies at an implied enterprise value of €159 million.
Tagespiegel cites Bitburger's CEO Michael Dietzsch in the report.
Bitburger Brauerei has already agreed to buy the breweries of König-Brauerei in Duisburg and Licher Privatbrauerei in Lich, both Holsten brands, from Carlsberg.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"