GERMANY: Bitburger refutes pub chain rumour, confirms online plans
Bitburger Holding has quashed local reports claiming that it plans to launch a pub chain with a standardised style and business model.
Following reports this week citing Bitburger CEO Peter Rikowski as saying that the company aims at maintaining a systematic appearance, the company claimed that although the citation was true, it refutes the pub chain plans.
Speaking to just-drinks today (7 March) a spokesperson for the German beverage group said that the local reports "were not correct" and that it will announce its real plans at Europe's catering and food trade fair Internorga, held in Hamburg tomorrow.
The spokesperson confirmed that speculation that it is lining up the launch of a gastronomy internet portal is correct, but added: "We cannot comment until Internorga tomorrow."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research