INDIA: Bisleri to open bottled water stores - report
Bisleri International is to open a chain of retail outlets across India for its bottled water products, in a bid to push back rival brands, according to a report.
The India-based bottled water producer is to set up a chain of 'Bisleri Shopee' outlets, Asia Pulse reported today (24 November). The company did not provide any further details for the concept, launch date or the number of outlets planned, but said it will stock its own branded water.
The company is said to be under "growing pressure from rivals at regular retail outlets". The firm faces competition in India from Pepsico's Aquafina, The Coca-Cola Co's Kinley, and UB Group's Kingfisher.
Bisleri told the publication that the move would offer its consumers products "at the right price", and "help avoid a battle over retailer margins".
This month, Ray Rowlands, takes a look at the developing role of PET in soft drinks and its environmental impact....
PepsiCo was never going to win many prizes for its first-quarter showing, but management is keen to show that its mammoth restructuring plan is a case of 'so far, so good'....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range