ITALY: Birra Castello eyes acquisition - report
Birra Castello is reported to have shown an interest in acquiring its rival Birreria Pedavena.
Reports in the Italian press said that the interest by Castello was in line with its strategy to expand into the northeast of the country.
Castello is not alone in looking at Pedavena, the reports said. Swedish brewery Kopparbergs Bryggeri and Italian brewer Tarricone are also thought to be amongst potential suitors.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends