US: Bill Foley to take stake in California wholesaler - report
Wine entrepreneur Bill Foley is set buy a stake in California-based distributor Epic Wines, according to reports.
Foley has agreed a deal to take a minority interest in the Capitola-based wholesaler, with the transaction expected to close early next week, the Press Democrat reported. “I just felt like we needed ... more influence in where our wines are sold,” Foley reportedly said this week. “Now I can sell through a distributor that I'm a partner in.”
Epic will distribute about 150,000 cases of Foley's wines, it was reported. Some of his portfolio will stay with Young's Market, which sells Foley's wine in California, Hawaii, Alaska and other western states.
Foley Family Wines, where Bill Foley is chairman, made a string of vineyard acquisitions last year.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets