US: Bill Foley to take stake in California wholesaler - report
Wine entrepreneur Bill Foley is set buy a stake in California-based distributor Epic Wines, according to reports.
Foley has agreed a deal to take a minority interest in the Capitola-based wholesaler, with the transaction expected to close early next week, the Press Democrat reported. “I just felt like we needed ... more influence in where our wines are sold,” Foley reportedly said this week. “Now I can sell through a distributor that I'm a partner in.”
Epic will distribute about 150,000 cases of Foley's wines, it was reported. Some of his portfolio will stay with Young's Market, which sells Foley's wine in California, Hawaii, Alaska and other western states.
Foley Family Wines, where Bill Foley is chairman, made a string of vineyard acquisitions last year.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends