USA: Big Sur Water of Salinas, California Sold to a Subsidiary of the Perrier Group of America
L. Douglas McKenzie, President/CEO of Salinas based Big Sur Bottled Water, Inc. announced the company's business has been acquired by Great Spring Waters Of America, Inc. a subsidiary of The Perrier Group of America. The Perrier Group owns a bottled water portfolio of 10 regional US brands and imports 4 international brands, all of which are distributed throughout the United States and Canada. The Perrier Group is owned by Nestle, one of the largest food companies in the world. McKenzie reported that all 25 current employees will be hired by the new ownership. McKenzie has agreed to serve as a consultant to the business to ensure a smooth transition. The terms of the sale and annual revenues of Big Sur Bottled Water were not disclosed. Big Sur Bottled Water, Inc. was founded in 1992. The company bottles and distributes water to homes and businesses in Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz and Santa Clara counties. Douglas McKenzie said, "The Perrier Group had 1999 revenues of $1.5 billion and has accounted for much of the industry's growth in the last decade. It is an outstanding company with quality products and a reputation for great customer service. We believe they are uniquely qualified to build upon Big Sur Bottled Water's tradition of product and service excellence. For our employees this is an excellent opportunity to become part of the industry's leader with significant marketing clout in the bottled water business." Non-sparkling water represents 90% of The Perrier Group. Most domestic brands are distributed regionally. Nearly all domestic brands offer a wide range of package sizes -- from single serve bottles sold through retail outlets to five gallon containers delivered to homes and offices. The Group's domestic brands include Arrowhead, Calistoga, Deer Park, Great Bear, Ice Mountain, Oasis, Ozarka, Poland Spring, Utopia, and Zephyrhills. Imported international brands include Perrier, San Pellegrino, Aqua Panna, and Vittel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research