USA: Big Sur Water of Salinas, California Sold to a Subsidiary of the Perrier Group of America
The Perrier Group owns a bottled water portfolio of 10 regional US brands and imports 4 international brands, all of which are distributed throughout the United States and Canada. The Perrier Group is owned by Nestle, one of the largest food companies in the world. McKenzie reported that all 25 current employees will be hired by the new ownership. McKenzie has agreed to serve as a consultant to the business to ensure a smooth transition. The terms of the sale and annual revenues of Big Sur Bottled Water were not disclosed.
Big Sur Bottled Water, Inc. was founded in 1992. The company bottles and distributes water to homes and businesses in Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz and Santa Clara counties.
Douglas McKenzie said, "The Perrier Group had 1999 revenues of $1.5 billion and has accounted for much of the industry's growth in the last decade. It is an outstanding company with quality products and a reputation for great customer service. We believe they are uniquely qualified to build upon Big Sur Bottled Water's tradition of product and service excellence. For our employees this is an excellent opportunity to become part of the industry's leader with significant marketing clout in the bottled water business."
Non-sparkling water represents 90% of The Perrier Group. Most domestic brands are distributed regionally. Nearly all domestic brands offer a wide range of package sizes -- from single serve bottles sold through retail outlets to five gallon containers delivered to homes and offices. The Group's domestic brands include Arrowhead, Calistoga, Deer Park, Great Bear, Ice Mountain, Oasis, Ozarka, Poland Spring, Utopia, and Zephyrhills. Imported international brands include Perrier, San Pellegrino, Aqua Panna, and Vittel.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends