CANADA: Big Rock Brewery Ltd. Plans To Repurchase Common Shares
BIG ROCK BREWERY LTD. ("Big Rock") (NASDAQ : BEERF - news; TSE: BR - news) announces that it has notified the Toronto Stock Exchange and other applicable regulatory authorities to amend the Notice of Intention to Make an Issuer Bid which commenced on August 26, 1999 and terminates on the earlier of, the date all shares subject to the Normal Course Issuer Bid are purchased of, August 25, 2000.Big Rock intends to attempt to acquire up to an aggregate of 302,591 Common Shares, which represents 10% of the Common Shares in the public float. This is an additional 60,356 Common Shares from the original number of 242,235 to be acquired from the application dated August 12, 1999. As of June 30, 2000 the Company has acquired 228,900 ($6.21 average price) Common Shares leaving a balance of 73,691 shares, which can be purchased under the amended issuer bid. There were 4,844,700 Common Shares of Big Rock issued and outstanding as of August 12, 1999. The shares will be cancelled upon purchase pursuant to this bid.In the opinion of the Board of Directors of the Corporation, the market price of the Common Shares of the Corporation has recently not accurately reflected the value of those shares. Furthermore, the Corporation has the available funds from cash flow. As a result, the Corporation's Common Shares may become available for purchase at prices, which make them an appropriate use of funds of the Corporation.Purchases subject to this normal course issuer bid will be carried out pursuant to open market transactions through the facilities of either The Toronto Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ Stock Market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World