CANADA: Big Rock Brewery Ltd. Plans To Repurchase Common Shares
BIG ROCK BREWERY LTD. ("Big Rock") (NASDAQ : BEERF - news; TSE: BR - news) announces that it has notified the Toronto Stock Exchange and other applicable regulatory authorities to amend the Notice of Intention to Make an Issuer Bid which commenced on August 26, 1999 and terminates on the earlier of, the date all shares subject to the Normal Course Issuer Bid are purchased of, August 25, 2000.Big Rock intends to attempt to acquire up to an aggregate of 302,591 Common Shares, which represents 10% of the Common Shares in the public float. This is an additional 60,356 Common Shares from the original number of 242,235 to be acquired from the application dated August 12, 1999. As of June 30, 2000 the Company has acquired 228,900 ($6.21 average price) Common Shares leaving a balance of 73,691 shares, which can be purchased under the amended issuer bid. There were 4,844,700 Common Shares of Big Rock issued and outstanding as of August 12, 1999. The shares will be cancelled upon purchase pursuant to this bid.In the opinion of the Board of Directors of the Corporation, the market price of the Common Shares of the Corporation has recently not accurately reflected the value of those shares. Furthermore, the Corporation has the available funds from cash flow. As a result, the Corporation's Common Shares may become available for purchase at prices, which make them an appropriate use of funds of the Corporation.Purchases subject to this normal course issuer bid will be carried out pursuant to open market transactions through the facilities of either The Toronto Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ Stock Market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends