CANADA: Big Rock Brewery Ltd. First Quarter 2001 Results
Big Rock Brewery Ltd., (NASDAQ: BEERF; TORONTO STOCK EXCHANGE: BR) one of North America's leading specialty brewers today announced its results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2000.Net sales for the quarter increased by 3.08% or $189,095 compared with same period last year. Net income decreased by $79,937 due primarily to an aggressive first quarter advertising initiative to maintain the company's competitive position in its Alberta home market. Earnings per share were $0.11 compared to $0.12 for the 1999 first quarter.The company continues to outperform the industry in Alberta with volume increases of 6.5%. In addition to continued growth in Alberta the company experienced very strong growth in British Columbia and Saskatchewan. In the U.S. Pacific Northwest emphasis has been placed on expanding the company's distribution network in order to better position the company and improve sales results in this region.The company purchased 26,700 shares during the quarter as part of its Normal Course Issuer bid. To date the company has purchased 410,400 shares in open market transactions. These shares have been cancelled as prescribed in the terms of the bid. The number of shares outstanding as of June 30, 2000, is 4,633,875.Founded by Ed McNally in 1985 Big Rock Brewery has become one of Canada's leading specialty regional breweries. The core brands of the company are; Traditional, Grasshopper, Warthog and Chinook ales, and Kold premium lager brewed with glacial spring water. Big Rock products are distributed in Canada from British Columbia to Ontario, and in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits