CANADA: Big Rock Brewery appoints president
Big Rock Brewery has announced the appointment of a new president.
The Canada-based craft brewer said yesterday (8 December) that Bill McKenzie, who joined Big Rock in July 2008, will become president of Big Rock Brewery Operations Corp from 1 January.
McKenzie replaces the firm's current CEO and chairman, Ed McNally, who has also held the position since March last year.
"I'm thrilled with this appointment and grateful to Mr. McNally and the board of directors for their trust and confidence," said McKenzie.
McNally added: "The decision has been in the works for some time. However, the board of directors opted to keep Bill in his current role, so he could focus his attention on sales growth and cost management, both of which contributed to our positive results."
McNally, who will retain the chairman and CEO positions, has tasked McKenzie with continuing to grow Big Rock's presence in the Canadian market and strengthening its position in the craft brewery segment.
Diageo has launched an ad campaign for its Ciroc vodka brand for the US market featuring Sean "Diddy" Combs and an up-and-coming comedian....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages