KOREA: Big leap in super premium whisky sales
The Korea Alcohol and Liquor Industry Association (KALIA) has revealed that sales of super-premium whisky aged over 17 years shot up during the past year by some 254.8% to 304,682 cases. KALIA said the rise had taken place in spite of the economic turndown seen in the country. The rise in super-premium sales contrasted with the fortunes of the standard sector. Sales of whisky under 12 years fell by 28.7% to 227,307 cases. Sales of premium whisky, aged between 12 to 17 years, were up by 16.7% to 2.66 million cases, representing 83.4% of the total whisky market, 16% higher than last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research