KOREA: Big leap in super premium whisky sales
The Korea Alcohol and Liquor Industry Association (KALIA) has revealed that sales of super-premium whisky aged over 17 years shot up during the past year by some 254.8% to 304,682 cases. KALIA said the rise had taken place in spite of the economic turndown seen in the country. The rise in super-premium sales contrasted with the fortunes of the standard sector. Sales of whisky under 12 years fell by 28.7% to 227,307 cases. Sales of premium whisky, aged between 12 to 17 years, were up by 16.7% to 2.66 million cases, representing 83.4% of the total whisky market, 16% higher than last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future