KOREA: Big leap in super premium whisky sales
The Korea Alcohol and Liquor Industry Association (KALIA) has revealed that sales of super-premium whisky aged over 17 years shot up during the past year by some 254.8% to 304,682 cases. KALIA said the rise had taken place in spite of the economic turndown seen in the country. The rise in super-premium sales contrasted with the fortunes of the standard sector. Sales of whisky under 12 years fell by 28.7% to 227,307 cases. Sales of premium whisky, aged between 12 to 17 years, were up by 16.7% to 2.66 million cases, representing 83.4% of the total whisky market, 16% higher than last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets