USA: Big Daddy's Brewery Division Takes Silver Medal at World Beer Cup 2000
"We are extremely proud of Sonora President John Watt and Brewmaster Uwe Boer for their accomplishment with this beer," says Big Daddy's CEO Dan Lloyd Sr. "Our Classic Red Ale was given top marks for technical quality, for its balance, color, aroma and its roasted flavor. It's already popular with Arizona drinkers and we anticipate this award will make it even more so -- the World Beer Cup awards typically boost sales. We also look forward to wider distribution under the Big Daddy's label."
The World Beer Cup is an international competition held every two years to recognize the most outstanding beers being produced in the world today. It is the largest competition of its kind and this year 64 categories of winners were selected by a panel of international judges, from a field of 1,127 entries from breweries in 39 countries.
Big Daddy's brewery division complements its line of barbecue products. The Oklahoma-based Company currently produces Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce -- mild and hot, Big Daddy's Meat Marinade and Big Daddy's Gourmet Seasoning. The products are distributed by Tree of Life Gourmet Award Foods and are available in Wal-Mart SuperCenters in the south-central states as well as other national and regional grocery chains. The Company has strong affiliations with the Indy Racing League (IRL), the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA), the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) and NASCAR on the auto-racing circuits and the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA), the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) and BULLNANZA on the rodeo circuit, as the sponsor of teams at a number of venues.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a "safe harbor" for forward-looking statements. Certain of the statements contained herein, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements with respect to events, the occurrence of which involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements may be impacted, either positively or negatively, by various factors. Information concerning potential factors that could affect the Company is detailed from time to time in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts