UK: Bibendum opts for ‘Young’ operator
UK wine agent Bibendum has appointed Jeremy Young as chief operating officer.
Young, whose responsibilities will include finance, IT and operations, joins Bibendum following a 12 year spell at industry shipper DHL - most recently as global finance director of the company's IT division.
Bibendum managing director Michael Saunders said: "We are very pleased to welcome Jeremy to the management team. He brings skills and knowledge that we did not possess at a very important time for the company. Bibendum is set to grow rapidly over the next few years and Jeremy's appointment is a critical step to ensure that we achieve our goals."
Earlier this month (3 February), Bibendum announced that joint managing director Dan Jago is standing down from his position on 1 March, with Saunders taking more control.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits