UK: Bibendum moves distribution from LCB to Tradeteam
Bibendum has upped its distribution footprint in the UK by switching from London City Bond to Tradeteam in the country.
The wine supplier confirmed yesterday (14 June) that, following “a detailed review of the market”, Tradeteam will take over from LCB, which has been Bibendum’s exclusive logistics and distribution partner since 1994.
The distributor has been awarded a three-year contract to handle Bibendum's warehousing and distribution services. Tradeteam is also designing a new service, which will operate from south-west London, in order to “meet Bibendum’s service requirements”.
“During a strategic review of its operations and service offering,” the company said, “Bibendum has concluded that its future needs would be better served by a larger, international logistics partner”.
The relationship with LCB will continue, as customers' private reserves will remain at LCB’s Vinotheque warehouse, the wine supplier noted.
The transition is expected to complete by February next year.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban