UK: Bibendum lines up English wine launch
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake.
The UK wine agent said yesterday (17 July) that the wines, named Primrose Hill Lamberhurst Estate Bacchus 2006 and Primrose Hill Tenterden Estate Rosé 2006, will retail at GBP12.99 (US$26.64) and GBP10.99.
Bibendum's English wine buyer, Tim Marson said: "English wine is very much in the public eye at the moment with issues such as global warming, carbon emissions, and locally sourced produce all coming to bear. Along with Balfour Brut Rosé and our Chapel Down wines, Primrose Hill gives Bibendum a small but really well-focused range of the best of England."
Last year, Bibendum teamed up with Lion Nathan, Via Wine Group and The Argento Wine Company to set up a European distribution business. Bibendum Wine International now handles Lion's Petaluma and Knappstein wines, as well as the Via and Argento brands.
Kirin Holdings is teaming up with its trans-Tasman unit Lion Nathan to jointly purchase raw materials, in light of commodity cost increases....
Lion Nathan has completed its purchase of J Boag & Son....
Lion Nathan's purchase of Tasmanian brewer J. Boag & Son took a step nearer today (19 December), with the trans-Tasman drinks company gaining informal approval for the acquisition from competition aut...
South Australian brewer Coopers has booked an increase in annual profit on the back of an 8.2% lift in revenue....
Lion Nathan has chosen a site in East Tamaki for its new Auckland brewery, according to local reports....
Lion Nathan has posted a healthy set of results for its fiscal full-year....
Lion Nathan has secured a deal to buy J Boag & Son from San Miguel Corporation....
E&J Gallo has filed a lawsuit over Lion Nathan for lodging applications to use a trademark already used by the wine company....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends