USA: BevTrade.com Unveils Details of No-Cost Online Ordering System
Offering a free on-line ordering alternative is only one of many advantages BevTrade.com offers participating retailers. The online beverage network offered by BevTrade.com can even communicate with hundreds of in-store POS systems already in the field. The website, which launched July 1, 1999, achieved the first internet order in the industry that same month, and has since added many new features, rendering the site's scope and number of services unprecedented within this industry.
Harvey Kesner, chairman and CEO of BevTrade.com states, "Our mission is to empower retailers and existing beverage distribution channels with the huge benefits of Internet technology. Wholesalers who choose to provide us with their monthly price files are quickly translated into a common format and entered into our master catalog. Retailers utilize the master catalog to find out who has what and then to obtain it quickly. Our standardized language system all but eliminates the possibility of incorrect purchase orders -- and thus returned deliveries. This resource, which will unify the industry, is free to distributors and retailers."
"We are neither owned nor controlled by any distributor," continues Kesner, "So ordering information will not be made available to industry competitors. We provide the tools to empower the existing three-tier system with the same online ordering capabilities that the direct sellers are using to challenge the industry. Furthermore, ordering through BevTrade.com is like ordering via fax or telephone, only using a PC and any Internet connection (AOL, Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator)."
BevTrade.com has positioned itself to become the dominant electronic marketplace portal within the industry by ensuring that their website provides retailers, distributors and wholesalers with comprehensive access to one another. Moreover, BevTrade.com provides all the information participants need to enjoy continuously successful business transactions at all levels. BevTrade.com's "Wine and Spirits Information Center" enables participating establishments to stay up-to-date on industry news, the status of industry-related laws, and other information essential to their endeavors.
BevTrade.com, Inc. designs, develops and installs Internet-based electronic commerce solutions for niche markets. The Company's technology is used to link together retailers, distributors and suppliers in a seamless connection over web-enabled networks. Users of the company's technology already act as middlemen for distribution of products through supply and distribution channels to retailers. The company facilities their desires to migrate to web-enabled solutions and facilitates retailers' efforts to conduct commerce with their customers online. BEVTRADE.COM is the Company's first online exchange.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research