SWITZERLAND: Beverages buoy Nestlé Q1
Nestlé Group saw its drinks arm lead the way during the first quarter of the year, with sales from the division up 9.7% to CHF5.9bn (US$4.7bn).
Waters and soluble coffee achieved 7.7% organic growth and were particularly strong in emerging markets, as well as in the US. Nestlé Waters saw revenues rise 10.5% to CHF2.1bn.
The Swiss company confirmed its full-year outlook and posted a 14.1% rise in group revenues for the first quarter to CHF22.8bn.
Nestlé chairman and CEO Peter Brabeck-Letmathe said: "Nestlé had a strong start to the year. Our food and beverage business was once again the driver of our growth, with every region contributing."
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights