US: Beverage sales set to rise thanks to women
Increased drinking by women will fuel a 14% rise in US beverage sales at restaurants and bars over the next five years.
Consumption by females will increase by 27% by 2009, according to a recent Datamonitor study, owing to the growing number of women who feel comfortable drinking alcohol outside their homes, and changes in women's earning power, relationships, and status.
Overall, Americans will consume significantly more non-alcoholic beverages with soda likely to account for 37% of on-premise drink sales in 2008, compared with about 30% today.
US consumers will also buy more premium beverages, and do more weekday drinking: the typical American will buy 44 drinks between Monday and Friday in 2008, compared to the
current 36. The shift in consumption times reflects a desire to extend the weekend feel but avoid weekend crowds.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages