USA: Beverage Firms Lead in Race to Asian American Market; Promar Study Cites First-Mover Opportunities Plentiful in Both Food and Beverage
Alcoholic beverage companies are ahead of food companies in marketing to Asian American consumers in the United States, but not by much, according to a new study by Promar International entitled "Orienting the US food and beverage market: Strategies for targeting Asian Americans to 2010.""Beverage companies understand the importance of cultivating loyal customers and are willing to invest," says Tracy Carlson, Director of the Strategic Marketing Group at Promar International. "For example, Remy Martin Cognac has grown a successful business by targeting Chinese Americans, but there are few examples of proactive ethnic marketing to this fast-growing and affluent segment-even within beverage," continued Carlson. "This is surprising, considering how attractive the Asian American market is."The ability to address emerging consumer segments is fast becoming a key success factor for branded food and beverage companies. Promar's study helps companies to understand the complexities of the Asian American market and dissects the factors that shape whom to target-as well as where, why and how. "Orienting the US food and beverage market" is designed to unleash the hidden profit opportunities in a market that will soon encompass 15 million consumers with exceptional spending power."It's not everyday that food and beverage marketers can discover a large, educated, and affluent market still uncluttered by competitors in virtually every category," says Carlson. "Smart companies will act now, rather than waiting till the 2000 US Census results are complete. By then, early movers will have pulled ahead and built a substantial lead that may be lasting." To review study details-including sample pages-please see:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research