UK: Beverage Brands gives WKD 'Gym' workout in UK
Beverage Brands has lined up a fresh marketing push for its WKD RTD brand in the UK.
The company said yesterday (21 May) that two television adverts - 'Gym' and 'Man Flu' - will run for five weeks in the country, starting from Monday (26 May).
Leading up to the launch, around 30,000 consumers will be invited to preview the ads before they go live on air through a series of targeted on-line and mobile phone initiatives. As well as e-mailing registered users of the WKD website, the company will also be creating awareness of the preview facility through on-line advertising on sites such as FHM, Zoo and Loaded. This will form the second phase of TV support this year.
"The new ads will feature in key Euro 2008 matches on TV this summer," said Debs Carter, brand controller for Beverage Brands. "Although the Home Nations all failed to qualify for the Championships, the tournament will still be the biggest TV event of the summer for our core consumers and will still provide the perfect excuse for one of their favourite pastimes - watching the footie."
Beverage Brands has also created a new website - www.wkdmanflu.co.uk - offering advice WKD-style on how to cope with man flu. The web address is publicised on the end frame of the Man Flu ad.
"Our overarching aim is to build a leading drinks brand," added Carter. "Through humour our ads achieve high levels of cut-through and motivate consumers to engage with the brand over the long-term."
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends