UK: Beverage Brands extends WKD sponsorship of UK darts
Beverage Brands has lined up a sponsorship tie-up with Professional Darts Corporation for the WKD RTD and cider brand in its domestic market.
The UK-based company confirmed late last week that WKD will be the official drink for three darts tournaments this year: the World Matchplay in Blackpool next month; the Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton in November, and the World Darts Championships starting in December in London.
WKD variant Core was a sponsor of last year's World Matchplay darts tournament, also held in Blackpool.
The three PDC tournaments run across 38 days and will be screened live on Sky Sports. WKD logos will appear on players’ shirts and on venue branding. Sampling activity and on-site promotions will also run at the tournaments.
In the lead up to each tournament, tickets to sold-out sessions will be offered as prizes via social networking sites. Online promotions will also give consumers the chance to win darts shirts signed by players, and other darts-related merchandise. Away from the tournaments, WKD will be the subject of darts-themed activities in selected on-trade outlets around the UK.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director