UK: Beverage Brands extends WKD sponsorship of UK darts
Beverage Brands has lined up a sponsorship tie-up with Professional Darts Corporation for the WKD RTD and cider brand in its domestic market.
The UK-based company confirmed late last week that WKD will be the official drink for three darts tournaments this year: the World Matchplay in Blackpool next month; the Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton in November, and the World Darts Championships starting in December in London.
WKD variant Core was a sponsor of last year's World Matchplay darts tournament, also held in Blackpool.
The three PDC tournaments run across 38 days and will be screened live on Sky Sports. WKD logos will appear on players’ shirts and on venue branding. Sampling activity and on-site promotions will also run at the tournaments.
In the lead up to each tournament, tickets to sold-out sessions will be offered as prizes via social networking sites. Online promotions will also give consumers the chance to win darts shirts signed by players, and other darts-related merchandise. Away from the tournaments, WKD will be the subject of darts-themed activities in selected on-trade outlets around the UK.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages