USA: BevAccess.com Partners With Blueflame to Create Wireless Procurement Component
Blueflame, a leading e-solutions provider, today announced the company has been selected by BevAccess, the first Industry Exchange for the beverage alcohol trade, to design and create a handheld, wireless solution to provide wholesale sales forces with an alternative, remote method of placing orders. The initial prototype, developed for the Palm form factor, leverages BevAccess.com utilizing Webclipping and ASP technology. The application was designed to work in conjunction with the company's Industry Exchange, greatly increasing ease of ordering while decreasing the time involved in the procurement process. The un-tethered application will allow wholesaler sales forces to access account data, search for products, create portfolios of frequently ordered items, place an order and receive order status updates. "Our handheld solution is the next step in making BevAccess.com the industry leader in the wholesale beverage alcohol trade," said Todd Berlent, chief technology officer for BevAccess.com. "We chose to partner with Blueflame because of their demonstrated track record of customer satisfaction and high-quality delivery in wireless solutions." The prototype was initially targeted to wireless Palm devices, though future development may also include wireless phones, Windows CE devices, hand-held RIM-like devices and others. "Building a wireless solutions for BevAccess is an example of how we create innovative, cutting-edge solutions for industry leading companies," said Joe Fung, chief technology officer for Blueflame. "We are committed to delivering sophisticated e-solutions that are aligned with our customers' business objectives."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research