AUSTRALIA: Beston buys in Riverland in $A15 million expansion plan
The Beston Wine Industry Trust has boosted its substantial vineyard Holdings, with a $A7.9m acquisition in the Riverland of South Australia. It is also planning to spend a further $A7.57m for two other vineyards.The Trust is part of the Adelaide-based Challenger Beston, the former Beston Pacific Group. Beston Pacific was acquired last December by Challenger International, the publicly listed investment bank and diversified financial group belonging to the business empire of Australia's richest man, Kerry Packer.Today's purchase, of 172.8 hectares of established vineyards at Waikerie will be leased backed to the sellers, consistent with Beston's practice, for 10 years.Beston is understood to now have about $A50m of the $A75m in investments it is targeting. It has previously bought from, and leased back vineyards to, Brian McGuigan Wines and Grant Burge Wines.It collectively has property in the Riverland and Barossa and Eden Valleys in South Australia, as well as in the Hunter Valley and Cowra in New South Wales.Managing director, Chris Atkins, said today that purchases of a $A5.8m vineyard at Gundagai, in southern New South Wales, and a $A1.87m vineyard at Langhorne Creek, 80km south east of Adelaide, were currently being finalised.The Trust was publicly listed 12 months ago after a $A12m float. Today's acquisition was funded by equity raised in April and May 2000 together with debt from the National Australia Bank Limited. Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research