UK: Berry Brothers acquires merchant
The UK fine wine merchant Berry Brothers & Rudd has announced that it has acquired wine merchant Morris & Verdin.
"Berry Bros. & Rudd see the acquisition as an excellent opportunity to develop further their own well-established presence in the fine wine market, particularly in the wholesale arena," the company said on its website.
"In the last 22 years Morris & Verdin has developed a reputation for sourcing wines of exemplary quality from around the globe. It now boasts an exceptional portfolio of high-quality agency wines and a customer list which includes top restaurants, regional merchants, prestige retailers and private individuals."
Berry Bros. & Rudd already has a wholesale business, Fields Wine Merchants. The company said it wishes to build on this platform and sees the acquisition of Morris & Verdin as an ideal stepping stone to the realisation of this aim.
Alun Griffiths, Berrys' Wine Director, said: "We at BBR have set ourselves a goal of developing our wholesale business as part of our expansion plans; this acquisition is both a positive and timely step in that direction."
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US