UK: Berry Bros & Rudd switches Inspirit Brands for Maxxium UK for No. 3 London Dry
Maxxium UK will take over distribution of No.3 London Dry Gin from 1 June
Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits has confirmed a switch of distributor in the UK for its No. 3 London Dry gin brand.
The London-based firm, which launched the gin in the UK and US in March last year, said earlier today (16 May) that Maxxium UK will take over from Inspirit Brands from 1 June. Inspirit has handled No.3 in the country since launch.
Maxxium, a joint venture between Beam Global Spirits & Wine and The Edrington Group, already handles one of Berry Bros' brands, single malt Scotch whisky The Glenrothes, in international markets. Maxxium is also responsible for the distribution of No.3 in Spain, Sweden and Denmark. “As part of this ongoing partnership, No. 3 will move to Maxxium in the UK,” the company said.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Berry Bros & Rudd said that the change had been made "to align No. 3 in Spain and UK, as with The Glenrothes".
“I would like to thank the Inspirit … team for their hard work on No. 3 for the last year,” said Berry Bros' sales director, Peter Davie. “We look forward to working with them on developing other brands in the portfolio.”
Inspirit, which is now part of Global Brands, will continue to distribute Berry Bros' liqueur brand, The King's Ginger, in the UK.
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
Beam Inc has realigned its commercial structure in the Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) region....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends