Product Launch – EUR: Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits' The Glenrothes Editors’ Casks #3828 (1979), #9973 (1996)
Click through to view Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits' The Glenrothes Editors’ Casks #3828 and #9973
Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits' The Glenrothes Editors’ Casks
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt 52.1% abv (#3828), 57% abv (#9973)
Available - From this month
Location - UK and Europe for #3828, US and Taiwan for #9973
Price - US$850 per 70cl bottle of #3828, $375 per 70cl bottle of #9973
Distribution - Berry Bros & Rudd
Four whisky editors from the US, Taiwan, Germany and France were invited to make a “democratic selection” of a cask of The Glenrothes. They visited Rothes to select one cask in a blind tasting, watched by malt master Gordon Motion. Consensus could not be reached, so two casks have been bottled.
The Glenrothes Editors’ Cask #3828, distilled in 1979, is limited to 300 bottles in total.
The Glenrothes Editors’ Cask #9973, distilled in 1996, will be available in a limited run of 264 bottles.
Cask #3828 is a single malt from a refill butt, while Cask #9973 comes from a Spanish oak hogshead.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit