Product Launch – EUR: Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits' The Glenrothes Editors’ Casks #3828 (1979), #9973 (1996)
Click through to view Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits' The Glenrothes Editors’ Casks #3828 and #9973
Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits' The Glenrothes Editors’ Casks
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt 52.1% abv (#3828), 57% abv (#9973)
Available - From this month
Location - UK and Europe for #3828, US and Taiwan for #9973
Price - US$850 per 70cl bottle of #3828, $375 per 70cl bottle of #9973
Distribution - Berry Bros & Rudd
Four whisky editors from the US, Taiwan, Germany and France were invited to make a “democratic selection” of a cask of The Glenrothes. They visited Rothes to select one cask in a blind tasting, watched by malt master Gordon Motion. Consensus could not be reached, so two casks have been bottled.
The Glenrothes Editors’ Cask #3828, distilled in 1979, is limited to 300 bottles in total.
The Glenrothes Editors’ Cask #9973, distilled in 1996, will be available in a limited run of 264 bottles.
Cask #3828 is a single malt from a refill butt, while Cask #9973 comes from a Spanish oak hogshead.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets