UK: Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits switches Global Brands for Cask Liquid in UK
Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits and Global Brands have confirmed a parting of the ways in the UK.
The two companies announced late last week that Global Brands will no longer distribute Berry Bros' Pink Pigeon rum and King’s Ginger liqueur in the country after 31 March. The two spirits brands will be handled by Cask Liquid Marketing from 1 April.
Global Brands has distributed the two in the UK since 2010, but said last week that the time is right to end the tie-up. The move follows Berry Bros' decision last year to move UK distribution of No. 3 London Dry Gin from Inspirit Brands to Maxxium UK.
“We have reached the right point to conclude our brand work with Berry Bros & Rudd, having completed the launch work and development activity for both Pink Pigeon and King’s Ginger,” said Global Brand's marketing director, Simon Green. “Whilst we have clearly established both brands in the market, our development strategy is more about scale and focussing on brands with potential for significant growth and as such, we have decided to end both agency agreements.”
Peter Davie, sales director at Berry Bros, added: “We would like to thank In-Spirit Global Brands team for their support over the past two years. However, with a shift in focus for both parties, … we agreed the time was right to conclude our arrangements.”
The King’s Ginger is a ginger liqueur formulated by Berry Bros in 1903 for King Edward VII. The Pink Pigeon Rum is a single estate Mauritian rum infused with bourbon vanilla from the islands of Reunion and Madagascar.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review