GREECE: Berry Bros & Rudd sells distributor W S Karoulias
W S Karoulias will be the subject of a management buy-out
Berry Bros & Rudd has lined up the divestment of its Greek distribution unit, W S Karoulias SA.
The London-based wine and spirits merchant, which sold the Cutty Sark blended Scotch whisky brand to The Edrington Group a year ago, confirmed today (24 January) that W S Karoulias will be the subject of a management buy-out, led by its managing director Chris Argyrou on behalf of IMA SA. Financial details behind the sale were not divulged.
IMA is a Greek drinks distribution company, which is owned by a Cypriot holding group and whose main shareholder is Argyrou.
BB&R's managing director, Hugh Sturges, will be asked to remain on the board of W S Karoulias as chairman, following the retirement of present chairman Tony Easter.
Argyrou will retain his seat on BB&R's “strategy committee” in London, the Greek company said, while W S Karoulias will continue to distribute Cutty Sark in Greece.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report