UK: Berry Bros & Rudd gets two new directors
Berry Bros & Rudd have appointed two new directors, including an eighth-generation member of the founding family.
Geordie Willis, 32, has taken on the role of brand director while Kirsten Kilby, 35, will join the company in January as marketing director, the London-based wine and spirits merchant said today (27 November). Both positions are newly-created in line with business growth, the company said.
Willis, who is the nephew of chairman Simon Berry, previously headed up new business development for Berry Bros & Rudd in Hong Kong and spent two years as cellar manager of the company’s flagship London store.
Kilby joins from TAG Heuer, part of the LVMH group, where she worked as head of marketing for UK & Ireland. She has also worked for Aquascutum, Nicole Farhi and Paul Smith.
Meanwhile, Berry's wine buying director, Alun Griffiths, will leave at the end of the year to become international director at Chinese wine and spirits importer VATS Fine Wine and Spirits. Berry's wholesale director, Mark Pardoe, will take over from Griffiths, who has worked at the company for 19 years.
Earlier this year, Berry parted company with distributor Global Brands in the UK.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018