UK: Berry Bros & Rudd brings Cutty Sark distribution in-house
Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits has ended its UK distribution arrangement for Cutty Sark Scotch whisky with Emporia Brands.
After two years with Emporia, UK distribution of the whisky will be transferred back in-house to Berry Bros & Rudd, the distributor said today (14 December).
James Rackham, chairman of Emporia Brands said: "I am very proud of our work on Cutty Sark. Although the UK market for blended Scotch whisky has been declining for a number of years, we targeted the premium sector with Cutty Sark and achieved some excellent results, especially in the London area.
I am delighted we are able to hand Cutty Sark back to Berry Bros. & Rudd with far more on- and off-trade listings than when we took the brand on."
James Steiner, regional business director for Berry Bros. & Rudd Spirits, said Emporia Brands was a good fit for Cutty Sark in the UK.
"I would like to thank James and his team for all the hard work they have put in for the last two years. As there are significant plans for Cutty Sark from 2010, we have decided to bring distribution in-house to give us greater control and focus."
More to follow...
The Edrington Group has confirmed the appointment of a brand controller for its recently-acquired Cutty Sark Scotch whisky brand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends