UK: Berry Bros, Emporia sign UK agency agreement for Cutty Sark
The chairmen of Emporia Brands and Berry Bros & Rudd yesterday (27 March) signed an agreement appointing Emporia as UK sales agent for Cutty Sark, the Scotch whisky brand.
Speaking at the signing, Simon Berry, chairman of Berry Bros & Rudd, said "Cutty Sark is unique because it was the first whisky to be launched by a specialist wine merchant."
Emporia's chairman, James Rackham, added: "I believe that the time is now right to re-introduce Cutty Sark in the UK and I am confident that we can soon establish the brand in the growing premium sector as a high quality whisky with a subtle and elegant taste that suits today's consumer."
Absolut vodka may have been eating up the column inches this year, but another privately-owned Russian producer has also been hitting the headlines. Last week, Chris Mercer visited the home of Russian...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
Chivas Brothers has appointed Publicis to handle the global advertising for The Glenlivet as part of an agency realignment for the company....
Scotch whisky group Whyte & Mackay has said its performance for the year looks "very healthy", offering more evidence that Scotch has bucked an economic downturn....
EU trade officials have launched a fresh complaint at the World Trade Organisation over high import tariffs on wine and spirits in several Indian states....
EU trade officials are preparing to launch fresh action at the World Trade Organisation against India's wine and spirit import tariffs....
Scotch whisky group Morrison Bowmore has launched the latest limited edition expression from its Islay distillery, Bowmore 16 Year Old Wine Cask Matured....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research