US: Bernard Magrez expands US salesforce
Bernard Magrez Grands Vignobles has added to its marketing and sales team in the US.
Philip Ward will join the French wine producer's US arm as Eastern USA sales director. Ward will work to promote business development, the company said yesterday (20 December).
"The success of our company depends on the talent and experience of our US sales force particularly as we have expanded our portfolio of offerings to include many new wines from Bordeaux and beyond," said Sean Paterson, national sales director for Bernard Magrez Grands Vignobles USA.
"Phil has an impeccable reputation and over 25 years of hands on experience to help ensure our continuing success."
Most recently Ward was the fine wine manager and educator for American B.D. Company, working on behalf of 45 international wineries. Ward was also responsible for the wine education of the sales force.
Earlier this year, Bernard Magrez, the company's founder and owner, opened his own wine shop in Paris. Magrez, who owns around 20 chateaux in Bordeaux, said that the aim of the shop was to showcase wines from his entire range of over 90 different wines.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review