Berkshire Mountain Distillers to make barrel-aged beers with 15 brewers
Berkshire Mountain Distillers said the beers will launch "when ready"
Massachusetts distillery Berkshire Mountain Distillers has taken the trend for craft beer and spirits cooperation to a new level by teaming up with 15 US breweries to launch a range of barrel-aged beers.
Fifteen brewers including Samuel Adams and New York state's Ommegang have agreed to age selected beers in Berkshire barrels. The beers will launch "when ready", the company said.
The scheme, named the Craft Brewers Whiskey Project, follows the smaller Cask Finished Bourbon Project, that put beers from a number of brewers into Bourbon casks.
The brewers and the beers are:
- Samuel Adams, Boston, MA - Boston Lager
- Harpoon Brewery, Boston, MA and Windsor, VT - UFO White
- Berkshire Brewing Company, South Deerfield, MA - Imperial Steel Rail
- Jack's Abby, Framingham, MA - Smoke and Dagger
- Spencer Brewery, Spencer, MA - Spencer's Flagship Ale
- Big Elm Brewing, Sheffield, MA - 413
- Long Trail Brewing Company, Bridgewater Corners, VT - Unearthed Brew
- Smuttynose Brewing, Hampton, NH - Really Old Brown Dog Ale
- Shipyard Brewing, Portland, ME - Export Ale
- Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown, NY - Three Philosophers
- Captain Lawrence, Elmsford, NY - Liquid Gold
- Chatham Brewing Chatham, NY - 8 Barrel
- Two Roads Brewing, Stratford, CT - Worker's Comp Saison
- Yards Brewing Company, Philadephia, PA - Brawler
- Terrapin Brewing Company, Athens, GA - Hopsecutioner
Barrel-aged beers have become a popular partnership between US craft brewers and distillers. This week, Stone Brewing Co said it had teamed up with Sierra Nevada Brewing Co to release a barrel-aged IPA called NxS.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research