USA: Beringer Wine Estates Chairman and CEO Makes Statement Following July 12 Trading Day
After the close of NASDAQ market trading today the following statement was issued by Walt Klenz, Chairman and CEO of Beringer Wine Estates (Nasdaq:BERW - news): "We know of no marketplace issues which have led to the downward pricing pressure and unusually high volume of trading activity for our Company's stock over the past two trading days. As we stated during our third quarter conference call on May 4, the overall retail market for premium wines remains robust as measured by AC Nielsen, and our volumes continue to outperform the overall market. Increases in fourth quarter revenue for our Company continued at levels similar to our performance for the first 9 months. Additionally, we remain comfortable with the analyst consensus forecast of our earnings as published in First Call for the fourth quarter ending June 30 of $0.59 per share." Beringer Wine Estates will publish its fourth quarter and full fiscal year earnings report on August 3, and the Company will discuss the quarter, full year and fiscal 2001 outlook in detail during its conference call on that day.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends