USA: Beringer Wine Estates Chairman and CEO Makes Statement Following July 12 Trading Day
After the close of NASDAQ market trading today the following statement was issued by Walt Klenz, Chairman and CEO of Beringer Wine Estates (Nasdaq:BERW - news): "We know of no marketplace issues which have led to the downward pricing pressure and unusually high volume of trading activity for our Company's stock over the past two trading days. As we stated during our third quarter conference call on May 4, the overall retail market for premium wines remains robust as measured by AC Nielsen, and our volumes continue to outperform the overall market. Increases in fourth quarter revenue for our Company continued at levels similar to our performance for the first 9 months. Additionally, we remain comfortable with the analyst consensus forecast of our earnings as published in First Call for the fourth quarter ending June 30 of $0.59 per share." Beringer Wine Estates will publish its fourth quarter and full fiscal year earnings report on August 3, and the Company will discuss the quarter, full year and fiscal 2001 outlook in detail during its conference call on that day.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller