USA: Beringer Wine Estates Announces Plans for Cooperage
In a move aimed at enhancing wine quality and controlling costs, Beringer Wine Estates (Nasdaq:BERW) has announced plans to develop an in-house cooperage to produce a portion of the company's growing need for high quality wine barrels. The cooperage, which will be located in Cloverdale in Sonoma County, will be overseen by Master Cooper Keith Roberts, a veteran wine cooper with 30 years of experience in barrel making who was hired by Beringer Wine Estates in the summer of 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban