CZECH REPUBLIC: Berentzen heading for a battle on vodka market over Puschkin
A local distillery is fielding its new "Alexander Pushkin" vodka, putting it in the line of fire from the German Berentzen, which has its own "Puschkin" line of vodka and is threatening to take action. Fruko-Schulz, the fourth-largest distiller in the Czech Republic, came by its newest product name via a bit of poetic license. The distillery holds a permit issued by a descendant of the Russian poet Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin. This descendant happens to have the same name as his more famous ancestor. "It's his name," said financial director Josef Nejedly. "You can check it in his ID."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review