CZECH REPUBLIC: Berentzen heading for a battle on vodka market over Puschkin
A local distillery is fielding its new "Alexander Pushkin" vodka, putting it in the line of fire from the German Berentzen, which has its own "Puschkin" line of vodka and is threatening to take action. Fruko-Schulz, the fourth-largest distiller in the Czech Republic, came by its newest product name via a bit of poetic license. The distillery holds a permit issued by a descendant of the Russian poet Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin. This descendant happens to have the same name as his more famous ancestor. "It's his name," said financial director Josef Nejedly. "You can check it in his ID."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts