CZECH REPUBLIC: Berentzen heading for a battle on vodka market over Puschkin
A local distillery is fielding its new "Alexander Pushkin" vodka, putting it in the line of fire from the German Berentzen, which has its own "Puschkin" line of vodka and is threatening to take action. Fruko-Schulz, the fourth-largest distiller in the Czech Republic, came by its newest product name via a bit of poetic license. The distillery holds a permit issued by a descendant of the Russian poet Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin. This descendant happens to have the same name as his more famous ancestor. "It's his name," said financial director Josef Nejedly. "You can check it in his ID."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends