CZECH REPUBLIC: Berentzen heading for a battle on vodka market over Puschkin
A local distillery is fielding its new "Alexander Pushkin" vodka, putting it in the line of fire from the German Berentzen, which has its own "Puschkin" line of vodka and is threatening to take action. Fruko-Schulz, the fourth-largest distiller in the Czech Republic, came by its newest product name via a bit of poetic license. The distillery holds a permit issued by a descendant of the Russian poet Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin. This descendant happens to have the same name as his more famous ancestor. "It's his name," said financial director Josef Nejedly. "You can check it in his ID."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research