SPAIN: Berberana prepares Rioja range for UK
Rioja wine producer Bodegas Berberana has unveiled a new wine range for the UK.
The Spanish wine company, which is celebrating its 130th anniversary this year, confirmed late last week that Berberana Carta de Oro Etiqueta Negra will have four different offerings - Joven, Crianza, Reserva and Gran Reserva.
The company has designed the label for the range with particular emphasis on the words 'Rioja' and 'Reserva', which Berberana claims are "key selling points for Spanish wines".
Supermarket chain Tesco has already confirmed a listing for Carta de Oro Etiqueta Negra Reserva which will be available from the beginning of next month at GBP8.99 (US$17.49). The blend is 80% Tempranillo and 20% Grenache, Bereberana noted.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL