US: Belvedere's Imperial Brands agrees Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum distribution deal
Imperial Brands is now handling the rum brand in the US and Canada
Imperial Brands has agreed a deal to handle rum brand Sammy’s Beach Bar in the US and Canada.
The Florida-based importer, a subsidiary of French wine and spirits group Belvédère, took on “all sales responsibility” for the 40% abv “premium” white rum, owned by musician Sammy Hagar, at the start of this month. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum retails for US$21.99 per 75cl bottle.
Hagar, a former lead singer of rock band Van Halen, said: “We’ve got a team in place with a proven track record of success – and we’re all excited to take Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum to a national audience.”
The venture is Hagar's second dip into the alcohol industry having founded Tequila brand Cabo Wabo in 1996, before he sold an 80% stake to Gruppo Campari for US$80m in 2008.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits