US: Belvedere Vodka launches Jade Jagger creation
Belvedere Vodka has teamed up with Jade Jagger to launch an 18-carat white gold ice pick, studded with 12-carats of cut diamonds.
The "Jagger Dagger," designed by Jade Jagger, comprises an 18-carat white gold hilt studded with 12 carats of cut diamonds, 42 pieces of pale sapphire and is inlaid with a central blue lapis lazuli square sitting above the blade. The handle is bound with a twisted thread of white gold and crowned with a giant moonstone and lapis lazuli bead.
A limited number of the ice daggers will be created, each with a retail value exceeding US$250,000, and sold at select retailers, including Harrods in London.
A range of identical-looking daggers-studded with 12-carats of white topaz, 42 pieces of aquamarine and valued at $10,000 each, will also be available at selected retailers.
"I was excited when Belvedere asked me to design this ice pick for them," said Jade Jagger. "I drew my inspiration from medieval daggers and worked with the finest stones to create the pieces, which are fun and work to bring a pure experience to enjoying vodka."
The "Jagger Dagger", to launch this spring, will be part of an extravagant experience when a magnum of Belvedere is ordered at nightclubs including 1OAK in New York, Crystal in London and VIP in Paris.
Hand-cracked ice, served with the vodka will come complete with the bejewelled Jagger Dagger provided by servers suited in Jagger's Jezebel collection.
"The Jagger Dagger experience is the ultimate expression of Belvedere's commitment to innovation that no other super-premium vodka brand can offer," said Sergio Dias, president, Belvedere Vodka.
The news that Constellation Brands last week posted a huge slide in second quarter earnings garnered a mixed reaction amongst the press and analyst community, reflecting some of the contrasting messag...
Financial doom and despond may currently pervade the world of high-flying corporate executives but, Ian Buxton writes, spirits marketers expect high-priced, ultra-premium brands to continue their stro...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Belvédère Duty Free is to unveil a limited edition Danzka vodka bottle in Cannes at the end of the month....
Castle Brands has said it is in advanced discussions to receive a US$12.5m cash infusion, as the drinks group looks to make itself more secure....
Specialist drinks supplier Malcolm Cowen has announced a plan to merge with Eau de Vie, creating a larger distribution network in the UK....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review