INDIA: Belvedere to launch Sobieski via NV Group tie-up
Belvedere to grow Sobieski in India
French drinks group Belvedere has signed a manufacturing and distribution agreement with one of India’s leading distillers, the NV Group.
The tie-up, announced in New Delhi today (19 November), will bring Polish Sobieski vodka to India, where it will be produced at NV’s distillery in the state of Haryana. Also in the pipeline are flavoured vodkas, Marie Brizard
Liqueur, premium RTDs and brandy.
India's vodka market is 7m cases at present and slated to reach 18m cases by 2015. Belvedere will initially invest EUR2m (US$2.7m) in the tie-up.
“Until now, I would say Sobieski was not truly international because there was no presence in India, which is a powerful market," said Belvedere's chairman, Krzysztof Trylinski."We were obliged to come here," he said.
The NV Group, which has annual sales of EUR54m, also makes its own local brands. “The manufacturing and distribution arrangement is a step by NV Group to emerge as the largest producer of grain spirit in the country for third party operations and captive consumption”, said NV's chairman, Ashok Jain.
For Belvedere's third quarter results, released this week, click here.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018