FRANCE: Belvedere shareholders to vote on settlement proposals
The creditors and bond holders of Belvedere have approved proposals for the settlement of liabilities.
The company, which has been mired in financial difficulties of late, said earlier today (20 September) that the proposals will be voted on at a shareholders' assembly to be held no later than 20 March. The assembly will consider two alternative scenarios - one that allows the company to sell assets to repay its creditors, the other that converts creditors' claims into share capital.
"My priority was to deleverage the group and to terminate the legal proceedings which have slowed Belvedere in its development over the past four years," said company CEO Krzysztof Trylinski.
"Subject to a positive vote from the shareholders, who are being asked to make a significant but decisive effort, Belvedere will be able to resume its innovative business approach which have allowed its brands to rapidly gain a major position in their respective markets.”
Last month, the company, which owns the Sobieski and Marie Brizard spirits brands, posted a slight lift in net sales for the six months to the end of June. Belvedere is still struggling with debts, however, which are thought to total in the region of EUR400m (US$518.6m).
To read Belvedere's official statement, click here.
A new year, a new commentator. Taking the baton for white spirits, we welcome back just-drinks' former deputy editor, Chris Mercer, to cast his watchful eye over all things white. This month: Vodka....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends