Belvedere proposes name change to Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits
Belvedere's name-change will be decided at the end of next month
Belvédère is set to change its name to Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits.
The French company, which has been battling with debt since 2013, said earlier today that it will put the proposed name to shareholders at their next meeting on 30 June. The move represents "the final step in the (company's) normalisation plan," said CEO Jean-Noël Reynaud.
Among the reasons given for the change are a "clear mission in line with the Marie Brizard brand's DNA" and an "international standing highlighted by the term 'Wine & Spirits' being in English.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has seen its sales fall in the first three months of this year, although the group maintains its target of "significant" profit growth in 2016....
SPI Group has launched a gluten-free version of its Stolichnaya vodka brand. ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts