FRANCE: Belvedere posts 2005 net loss on back of legal charges
French spirits group Belvedere saw legal and other charges turn a healthy profit into a loss in 2005.
Belvedere today (28 April) posted a loss of EUR1.2m (US$1.5m) despite seeing operating profit surge 33% to EUR12.5m, according to Reuters.
The company, which last week launched an offer to buy out the minority shareholders in Marie Brizard International after securing a majority stake, saw sales rise 13.1% last year to EUR502.3m. Sales in Poland accounted for almost three-quarters of revenues.
Belvedere officials could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Earlier this week, Belvedere bought Château d'Esclans, a wine producer based between Le Muy and Callas in Provence
Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial is to make a takeover offer for the remaining shares in French drinks group Belvedere after crossing the threshold of owning a third of the company, according to Fr...
French spirits group Belvédere has bought Château d'Esclans, a wine producer based between Le Muy and Callas in Provence....
French spirits group Belvedere has today (20 April) launched an offer to buy out the minority shareholders in Marie Brizard International....
French drinks group Marie Brizard saw net profit rise 22% last year to EUR11.9m (US$14.4m) as acquisitions helped drive revenues higher....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets