US: Belvedere partnership brings vodka gift to Internet
Marketing website BuyYourFriendADrink.com has launched a new partnership with "Buy Your Friend a Belvedere", an initiative designed to offer the first spirit branded gift card for on-trade purchase in the US.
As of today (27 March), the programme allows consumers to "buy" their friends a cocktail made with Belvedere vodka with the purchase of a gift card via the website (www.buyyourfriendabelvedere.com). Recipients can then redeem the gift card at a bar or restaurant that is part of the BYFAB network.
"We are extremely excited to be the first spirits brand to partner with the innovators at BuyYourFriendADrink," said Emily Cohen, brand director of Belvedere. "This programme will open new doors for us, expanding our consumer base, allowing people to more easily enjoy a Belvedere cocktail at the hottest bars and clubs across the country."
"Everyone likes it when someone buys them a drink and we're thrilled to partner with Belvedere to take the service to a 'top shelf' level," added Steven Cohn, founder and CEO of BuyYourFriendADrink. "Our goal is to provide users with a fun and innovative way to connect with friends when they can't get together in person."
Absolut vodka may have been eating up the column inches this year, but another privately-owned Russian producer has also been hitting the headlines. Last week, Chris Mercer visited the home of Russian...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Russia's wine market has been thrust into the spotlight in the last couple of weeks, following news that Constellation Brands plans to significantly increase sales in the country....
Russian Standard has expanded its premium vodka portfolio with the launch of a new vodka containing the added ingredient ginseng....
Drinks Americas Holdings has signed an agreement with rock and roll musician Kid Rock to develop and market a premium domestic beer....
The top ten most read stories on just-drinks last week....
Drinks Americas has cut its net loss in the first quarter, but suffered a dip in sales....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets