FRANCE: Belvedere opens Panama office
Under-pressure French wine & spirits firm Belvedere has opened a new office in Panama as it looks to expand duty free sales for its brands in the region.
Belvedere, currently protected from bankruptcy by a French court ruling, said today (21 August) that the office would serve regional duty free markets in the Caribbean and Latin America.
The new Panama office will be operated by Belvedere's US subsidiary, Imperial Brands, and headed by Ricardo "Tito" Gonzalez.
Torben Vedel Andersen, Belvedere's duty free sales director, said: "Danzka Vodka sales are growing double-digit, both in domestic and duty free, across the continent and we are widening our portfolio in the region with Sobieski Vodka and Marie Brizard cordials.
"We will also soon be adding our new Russian vodka, Youri Dolgoruki, a super premium vodka from Moscow."
He added that Imperial Brands is on track to sell 250,000 cases of Sobieski vodka in the US, where it was introduced last year.
Belvedere said this week that revenue for the first six months of 2008 leapt by 24.5%, reaching EUR577.5m (US$848m), but it needs to boost sales further if it is to improve profitability.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Access Beverage has entered into negotiations to export wine and spirits to the Chinese market for mass distribution....
The CEO of Absolut vodka has told just-drinks that the brand still sees growth opportunities in the US market, despite volume declines in 2008....
Castle Brands has trimmed back its losses in the first nine months of its fiscal year, despite slowing sales in the period....
The company that owns the trademark rights to the music of Jimi Hendrix has claimed a legal victory over the company that launched the Hendrix Electric vodka brand....
Access Beverage's acquisition of a 50% stake in Diamond Wodka has moved a step closer....
Skyy Spirits has expanded its Skyy Vodka Infusions All Natural line to include a pineapple flavour for the US market....
Pernod Ricard has said that it is on course to meet full-year profit guidance, after reporting a 13% rise in net sales and a 5% increase in net profit for its fiscal first half....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends