Belvedere offloads Polish liquor stores
Belvedere has sold Galeria Alkoholi to French retailer Carrefour
Belvédère has finalised the sale of its Polish liquor store business, Galeria Alkoholi, to Carrefour for an undisclosed sum.
The company outlined plans for the divestment with its Q1 results, saying it intends to "divest its assets that are no longer core business". Galerie Alkohol operates 39 liquor stores in Poland.
Jean-Noël Reynaud, CEO of Belvédère, said: "Our BiG 2018 strategy consists in focusing our development on our core businesses, of which this retail activity in Poland was no longer a part. This divestment has been rapid and shows our ability to deploy our strategy with agility. I am also pleased that this has been divested to a player such as Carrefour that will be able to realise its potential."
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range