FRANCE: Belvedere earnings leap in 2005 -report
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports.
Belvedere, Eastern Europe's biggest distributor of white spirits, posted a 13.7% increase in full-year revenues to EUR505.1m (US$603.2m), according to the French News Digest agency.
Belvedere reportedly posted turnover of EUR149.7m for the fourth quarter of 2005, up 1.2% on the year.
Company officials were unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
In December, Belvedere strengthened its presence in Western Europe with the acquisition of France's Marie Brizard & Roger International.
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
Marie Brizard et Roger International has posted a rise in profits for the first half of this year....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director