FRANCE: Belvédère to sell Marie Brizard - union
The CFDT union says it was informed at a works council meeting held earlier this week that Belvédère has decided to relinquish Marie Brizard, its wine-making activities, grouped around Moncigale. An asking price has reportedly been set at EUR300m (US$437m).
A Belvédère spokesperson was not immediately available for comment on the union's claims.
Earlier this year, Belvédère's president and CEO, Jacques Rouvroy, indicated that he expected to keep Marie Brizard, which it acquired from UK-based Duke Street Capital in 2006 for an estimated EUR375m.
Marie Brizard employs around 650 staff, Moncigale accounting for 250 posts.
A safeguard plan for Belvédère, which remains under bankruptcy protection under French law, will be examined by a commercial court in Dijon on 14 September.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Thai Public Beverage Co has shown interest in acquiring the Marie Brizard drinks business from French firm Belvedere, according to a report....
A French court ruling to recognise the case of creditors due a total of EUR375m (US$535m) from struggling drinks group Belvédère will not damage the firm's relaunch plan, its lawyer has told just-drin...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research