UK: Belhaven agrees deal with Interbrew subsidiary
The Scottish brewer, Belhaven Brewery Group, has signed a five-year supply and distribution deal with the Interbrew subsidiary, Tennent Caledonian Breweries (TCB). The deal is thought to be worth in the region of £70m in terms of the lager which TCB will supply to Belhaven. The agreement continues a relationship between TCB and Belhaven that dates back to 1979, since when Belhaven has obtained most of its lager requirements from TCB, the market leader, in order to focus its production on ale brands such as Belhaven Best. Belhaven sells around 100,000 barrels of lager a year through its 160-outlet pub estate and the free trade.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends