UK: Belhaven agrees deal with Interbrew subsidiary
The Scottish brewer, Belhaven Brewery Group, has signed a five-year supply and distribution deal with the Interbrew subsidiary, Tennent Caledonian Breweries (TCB). The deal is thought to be worth in the region of £70m in terms of the lager which TCB will supply to Belhaven. The agreement continues a relationship between TCB and Belhaven that dates back to 1979, since when Belhaven has obtained most of its lager requirements from TCB, the market leader, in order to focus its production on ale brands such as Belhaven Best. Belhaven sells around 100,000 barrels of lager a year through its 160-outlet pub estate and the free trade.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly