UK: Belhaven agrees deal with Interbrew subsidiary
The Scottish brewer, Belhaven Brewery Group, has signed a five-year supply and distribution deal with the Interbrew subsidiary, Tennent Caledonian Breweries (TCB). The deal is thought to be worth in the region of £70m in terms of the lager which TCB will supply to Belhaven.
The agreement continues a relationship between TCB and Belhaven that dates back to 1979, since when Belhaven has obtained most of its lager requirements from TCB, the market leader, in order to focus its production on ale brands such as Belhaven Best. Belhaven sells around 100,000 barrels of lager a year through its 160-outlet pub estate and the free trade.
In addition to continuing to supply Tennent's Lager to Belhaven, under the new deal TCB will also supply Stella Artois following TCB's acquisition by Interbrew.
The announcement of the new deal coincided with the publication of Belhaven's year-end results. In the year to the end of March 2002, the company achieved a pre-tax profit of £9.2m, up 23% from last year's figure of £7.5m. Turnover was 25.5% higher at £69.0m.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages