Product Launch - GLOBAL: Belfast Whiskey Distillery's Titanic and McConnell's
Click through to view the new Irish whiskey
Belfast Whiskey Distillery's Titanic and McConnell's
Category - Whiskey, Irish, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Initially in UK, then the US with Europe and Asia following in late Autumn and early spring 2015 respectively
Price - GBP35 (US$58) for Titanic, GBP55 for McConnell's
Distribution - Great Whiskey Co
The Belfast Whiskey Distillery has launched two Irish whiskies using stock from Beam Inc-owned Cooley Distillery.
The Belfast-based company, which hopes to start distillation at its Crumlin Jail site in November, is co-owned by former Cooley commercial director Michael Morris. Morris told just-drinks this week he has made a deal with Beam, which bought Cooley in 2012, to supply stock to Belfast Whiskey Distillery until it starts bottling its own product.
Titanic is a five-year-old Irish whiskey named after the famous ship, which was built in Belfast. Only 1,400 bottles of the 15-year-old McConnell's will be available.
Belfast Whiskey Distillery is one of a number of new Irish whiskey distilleries to launch or expand operations in the wake of increasing sales of the category in the US. In January, the Teeling Whiskey Co confirmed plans to build a new distillery in Dublin.
Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
Non-Scotch whiskies in aggregate represent an enormous and growing category, with Irish whiskey in particular showing real momentum. With over 100 data tables and unique insight, this new joint IWSR/j...read more
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018